Sunday, June 04, 2006

Avalanche Hockey Beard

Please Note: This post is color coded for the non-hockey savvy.

Background
As you may or may not know I am a hockey fan. Originally being a Hartford Whalers fan from my days in Western Mass. When I moved to Denver I kept that allegiance. When the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver and became the Avalanche I watched with interest but still rooted for the Whale. The Avalanche won a Stanley Cup in their first year in Denver. Denver had never won at anything before. That was an incredible run. Then the Whalers moved to Carolina??? What's up with that? So I now root for the Avs except when they play Carolina and I can wear my Whalers jersey.

Almost Current

Fellow hockey fan P. Neal Scheibe and I decided to support our teams with a hockey beard. Neal's heavily favored Red Wings of Detroit were bounced by the lowest seed in the playoff in a little over a week in pursuit of Lord Stanley's Cup. See Neal's beard here (April 21st).
The Avs upset the #2 seeded Dallas Stars in short order. But were found wanting against the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and their rookie Russian goaltender. So here are pictures of me shaving my beard after the Avs were eliminated.

Pre-Avs loss. About two weeks of no grooming. This was officially itchy.

This is my baby face after a beard trimmer and new mach3 razor blade. Now if I can do something about the hair.

Be careful. It can be lonely at the South Pole. If you get too silky smooth, this is a possibility:
On a side note the Carolina Hurricanes have advanced to the finals for the Stanley Cup. So maybe this year is Carolina's year. The Whalers never won The Cup in their illustrious history.

Go Whale!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

What can I say, you were pretty irresistible that night.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

ok boys. in your underwear. pillowfight. now.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

Crystal - Damn, I love it when a girl knows what she wants.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home