Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Things go missing at the South Pole.

===UPDATE===
After a visit from the local Illuminati Chapter I have had to edit this page as it appears I am giving away a few secrets of the New World Order. The newly updated page has been stripped of all relevant data and makes no sense. The images have been replaced with the "Penguin Timer" and the logo for the Colorado Mammoth Indoor Lacrosse team.

If you have spent time at the pole you would most likely gotten an email, probably from me or another supervisor saying something is missing. We are always losing batteries, remotes, radios and even guitars. Lately there have been a rash of such emails about bowels from the galley, batteries for headlamps and a set of Bose speakers in the lounge. Here is my email I sent out:

Polies,

There appears to be a missing Bose speaker in the B1 lounge. They look like 2 small black cubes. If anyone knows its whereabouts or story behind it not being mounted anymore please contact Greg Watson or myself.

Thank you very much.

Patrick McClure
IT Lead/System Administrator
Amundsen-Scott Station
South Pole, Antarctica

To my surprise I received this email:

From: Rehm, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:11 AM
To: McClure, Patrick
Subject: Re: Missing Bose speaker from B1 Lounge

I am using the speakers, various remotes, adapters, all the batteries, and every large bowl to build a weapon to fight off the inevitable alien invasion. Don'’t try to get them back as the weapon is very dangerous. I am just waiting to hear from Bob's CENSORED CENSORED and I will attack . . .


The CENSORED CENSORED Michael is referring to is Bob Melville's CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED which is joked to be Bob's attempt to call CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED. My current hobby is to learn how to juggle. This is CENSORED and Lane working on the CENSORED CENSORED:

Bob putting on a
CENSORED:


So it appears Michael's preparing for the worst. I have more about Michael coming up. If you want to know more about Bob read Neal's All About Bob from May 22nd.

5 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

This posting used to be funny, now it's hilarious.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

sweet. since you are 18 hours ahead and all, will you let me know about it when it happens? that way i can shampoo my rug. mom says to never get attacked by aliens without a clean carpet.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, now I'm starting to get worried :)
Nik

12:13 PM  
Blogger --TBAS said...

a secret weapon...nice. Bose was a good choice for that.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

Crystal - Polies have been fighting aliens for a long time. Don't worry we will sacrifice Neal to the Aliens if need be. Once they try the anal probe that will be the biggest mistake they ever made.

Nik - Me too.

tbas - If I may quote my time as electronics salesman "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose."

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home