Sunday, May 28, 2006

New posts coming...

I have a few new posts coming but I will throw some lightweight stuff out there for your entertainment as I continue gather all the post materials...

GETTING TO KNOW FRIENDS

1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES? White and plastic.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? The Shining Ones by David Eddings

3. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't use one have an optical mouse.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Axis and Allies.

5. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Is it November 3rd yet?

6. FAVORITE COLOR OR COLORS? Yellow, black and green.

7. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR? Pink.

8. HOW MANY RINGS UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Generally one, sometimes two if I am not at my desk, a dozen if I am sleeping.

9. FUTURE CHILDS NAME? Girls names I like Rachel and Chantel. Boys names I like Ian.

10. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate all the way. Vanilla candles smell nice.

11. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Not particularly, if I could take public transportation everywhere I would.

12. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? I guess this quiz was not written for men, not less Antarctic Adventurers.

13. DO YOU LIKE THUNDERSTORMS? I appreciate all weather more now that I have been to the South Pole. Back in Denver any rain is good rain.

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? A 1967 White Mercedes Benz 250SEL sedan. That car was sweet with lots of chrome. I miss that car :-(

15. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN? Sagittarius

16. EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? I will eat no broccoli before its time.

17. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE? President of the USA. I could impose my manifesto on everyone (que evil laugh).

18. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE? My own hair color is good, minus the stupid greys that keep popping up.

19. FAVORITE MOVIES? Too many to list but a couple off the top of my head, Blazing Saddles, Blues Brothers and the Usual Suspects.

20. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? That's a good question, seeing how my bed is 3.5 Ft off the ground I currently have: three suitcases, a box of liquor (Finlandia, Bombay sapphire, Bacardi, Captain Morgans, 3 bottle of red wine, 2 6pks of Bass, a 12pk of Tui, a single Kilkenny and a bottle of Sandeman Tawny Port) an even larger box of toileteries and a backpack.

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? To watch live, Hockey. On TV football or the Stanley Cup playoffs.

22. YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST INTENSE PAIN? Popping my right index finger over the knuckle and having it pushed down the back of my hand while playing basketball. It's all better now but that hurt like hell.

23. PERSONS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO THIS? Neal.

24. PERSONS YOU SEND THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I am posting not really sending. Anyone in Denver, probably Nikki.

25. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD? Brown Spicy Mustard.

26. HAMBURGER OR HOTDOG? Hamburger rubbed in peppercorn.

27. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Fall, girls always look great in sweaters.

28. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN? Christchurch, NZ after being in Antarctica for a few month. Honorable mention Montreaux, Switzerland on Lake Geneva.

29. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD? McDonald's fries and chocolate shakes.

30. WHAT IS YOUR BIRTH NAME? Patrick Michael.

7 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

As predicted, here's my response.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

OMG we have so much in common. My favorite color is plastic!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Blur said...

Neal & Denis - At least some one cares!

Crystal - Mmmm, plastic. Nothing like chewing on a McDonalds straw.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

antarctica, never been, even though its so close, i guess not really a tourist destination....

im from auckland! i like to watch hockey, but the ottawa senators never do any good... :(

3:42 AM  
Blogger Blur said...

Matt- Pack your bags and come on down. Lots of jobs and the NSF does not seem to mind to hire Kiwis. About 10% of our winter crew is Kiwi.
The Senator always look great in the regular season. They need to find a goalie who doesn't break down.
You should see my hockey post a couple of days newer.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Yea, i read that post. Too bad about the hockey beard!

Its hard to follow american sports in NZ bcos of no tv coverage. Even the satalite tv we have only plays selected games.

And hockey over here isnt that great, i think we got beaten by mexico? that was a sad day. :(

What kind of jobs go on down there?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

Matt - All sorts of jobs, IT, Science, trades, cooks, doctors, cargo/logistics, fuels, utility techs (handyman). Go here http://rpsc.raytheon.com/Employment/ and check them out.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home