Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Thing

Well it happened. Today the Air Guard radioed in and told everyone to get out who was getting out. That caused an early morning panic but we got everyone slated to leave out. And the one returning Polie got in yesterday so we are set for the next 8 months, 2 weeks. We watched the customary showing of The Thing tonight (both the 50's and the 80's versions). I guess traditionally Polies take the day off but there was too much to do, although I did cut out a half an hour early to set up the AV system for the galley showing.

So here is my marker in this stage of the adventure. I have edited the slideshow given by Liesl Schernthanner screened for the end of summer and added a little music. There are four versions small and medium are nice for emailing but a bit grainy. The standard and large look pretty good. The large is my favorite because the colors are better. Here is
the link....

Next target - Sundown March 22nd. I am officially stranded today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Well Patrick, after talking to you about your blog in the hallway, I thought I should visit. Everything looks good, I'll check back to see what news you're posting from down the hall.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice slide show! Gives me the warm fuzzies. I have only one question, "Seen any polar bears?"

4:14 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

Polar Bears!!!
Not so much...

12:01 AM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Neal sent me. Well, sort of. He linked you on his blog.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Blur said...

Neal!!!
I see his blog gets like a hundred visitor's a day and I eeck out like two. Granted he has all that "science" time to work on his blog, post regularly and such.

Tell him I said that. Also tell him to quit sending me DOS computers to fix, I'm old but not that old.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Das computers! Everybody knows you're not German!

Hold on...

Oh. DOS computers makes more sense now. Dude, you are old.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home