Monday, January 03, 2005

Lots to catch up on...

New Years come and gone and I have neglected the blog for a couple of days. But fear not, I have updated the format of the McClure Xmas link and made the pictures available in full size by clicking on them. I also added a background and font scheme closer to the rest of the blog.

Here is the promised link to the local Ice Sculptures from Christmas. I did not really help with any of these but I did patronize Due South.

I still have race pictures but have not put them all up. Lots of pictures of me before and after but only one of me actually running. You'll see these posted pretty soon.

As expected the New Years party was huge, four live bands a go-go cage combined with "slushies" and a UT (Utility Technician) warm up party it was quite a night. I'll put some pictures of this up as well.

Saturday was Brenda Everitt's birthday party and I attended. Brenda is a science tech I see all the time and I was happy she invited me. It was held in Skylab, the orangish tower behind the Dome.

Sunday, I laid in bed the entire day. I had the day off from the store so it was my first day off since I got here (I did cover a shift in the store Saturday night). I watched a couple of movies on the office's iBook... Yes, I used MAC for something other than a doorstop. It actually does a good job. I got caught up on sleep and hopefully will have the energy to close out my time here.

My departure date is one step closer to being set. I was informed an hour ago that I scheduled to leave February 9th for a STRAIGHT through flight from Pole to Christchurch (we do refuel in McMurdo). But fog, weather or mechanical issues can change that very quickly. My plans for after I arrive in Chch are still undecided.

Other things I'll post soon, Russians and the AN-3 Antinov saga, the Chilean Expedition Update, some funny things on station, live weather feeds from the pole, snazzy new shirts, the broken Ice-Breaker and the R&R replacements which are arriving shortly for the winter-overs.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home