Thursday, August 31, 2006

Going back to January

A couple of pictures from the New Years party I found. Nine months ago today...


Me and Bobby DeValentino. Bobby is going to Palmer Station last I heard. The only (American) posting in Antarctica I have not done. Will that change?


Lots of people here, Behind me left is Suzy Williams (she is still here), with camera is Chris Wilson who is coming back from Denver, the couch is Christine and Dan. Dan works in China now for the embassy.


This is Tonya, although you might think I put her here for eye-candy (which is true in its own right), if look behind her you can see the "cage" we use for dancing. The stage for the bands is behind left. When Polies throw a party there is no doubt that good times are coming.


Here is Tonya, myself and Guy Thomerson. If you look in Tonya's hand you can see why we look so funny, that's right - TEQUILA had happened just before. I think we were celebrating some timezone in Eastern Europe in this shot (South Pole touches all timezones). Guy is still here with me, we drink Scotch or Irish whiskey together on occasion. Guy's beard is a much bigger event now then nine months ago.


3 Comments:

Blogger Dan-O said...

Patrick,
I am a good friend of the Running Rabbit way up here in Cinci. I saw your post on her blog and I thought I'd throw you a line and say hey. I'm a Discovery Channel freak and I find odd places where people don't get to see much of fascinating. Hope things are as well as they can be down there.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

dan-o,
Thanks for stopping by. I don't know how I stumbled onto Running Rabbits page but I have been reading for a couple of months. You should see what's coming next as far as posting... Not for the weak of heart.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look good baby....

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home