Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures.

As of today I have completed 309 consecutive days in Antarctica with 68 remaining until my release. So as I begin to prepare my work center to be taken over by Bensonda (my replacement) I noticed I have a decent collection of pictures dating back to my early days here. So I thought I would start posting them. So look for pictures to put up here for the couple of weeks as I whittle my hard drive down.
This first one is recent of Steph and I in the Galley. Believe it or not this is how we make milk down here, a big power tool thing and a big jug. I look like a dork, so enjoy...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Dork

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To whom it may conern,

I am writing to you for two reasons. First, I hear that Swiss Army Knives are part of South Pole Expeditionary Equipment... Is this true? Or does anyone have any there in an informal capacity? I know this may sound peculiar but I belong to a Swiss Army Knife enthusiast and collector organization known as SOSAK. I have a web site where I am tracking visitors from other countries and I have someone logged in from every continent except Antarctica! (54 countries in all so far) Could someone there please visit my site and sign the visitor's log and tell what country they are representing. The visitor's log is on the "Interactive" page at www.SAKcollector.com - eveyone in my organization will be extremely glad to hear from someone at the South Pole... Thank you for your time in advance.

Secondly, I am also an 8th grade Physical Science Teacher in Hampton, Virginia and I would love to be able to tell my students that I had correspondance with someone at the South Pole... We have been studying heat, kinetic energy and temperature scales and the fact that Antarctica has the coldest recorded temperature on Earth of -129 degrees F. Do you know what year that was recorded?

Please also return a response to my email address: j.christian@cox.net

Very Sincerely Yours,
James Christian
Chesapeake, Virginia - USA
j.christian@cox.net
www.SAKcollector.com
Thomas Eaton Middle School, Hampton, VA.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick,

Thanks for the quick and detailed email... I returned one this morning...

Regards,
James

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home