Monday, August 14, 2006

Not that I am sensitive to it...

Since my post about System Admin of the Year 2006, I have received exactly ONE nomination. Not that I am counting or anything. I know everyone is busy, doesn't have time for the guy who tirelessly keeps the internet running, email mailing, printers printing and blog posts coming.

Maybe the form is too tough. Lets see here, you need to know your name and have an email address. Not too bad. You need to know your SysAdmin's name [PATRICK McCLURE], my email address which is posted throughout the blog [patrick.mcclure@usap.gov], the company I work for [Raytheon Polar Services Company]. A prompt for country which is weird because your only choices are United States or Canada. For the sake of this form we'll consider Antarctica the same way the IRS does and call it the United States. Now the hard part, freelance profession of your admiration or love for me. You can say all the nice things you always wanted to but were afraid to. Leave the fear behind, I will not think you are 'weird' or 'queer' for voicing fondness for me. It will give me a reason to get out of bed 6 days a week and continue to toil in my ice prison\fortress of solitude.

Anyway twilight is starting to show. It won't be long now and we will have some sun light to illuminate the barren plain that is our home.

BTW... This is my new favorite user.

4 Comments:

Blogger mcBlogger said...

You poor thing. Only ONE nomination. If you were my systems Admin guy, I'd vote for you. As it is, I have a system admin guy, who has shown infinate patients with me, and am somewhat loyal to his assistance here in the office, despite the bantering and complaining that I am a pain in the ass. If it's any comfort, I really enjoy the whitty comments that you leave on my blog. If only I could see pictures on yours...sigh!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

Holy crap, I think Holly has bigger arms than I do...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

That's pretty much a given... Holly is buff, you... Not so much.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

OK Blur, I gave you a vote. According to the definition of a System Admin I supposedly fit the bill too, but am I complaining?

Oh, that was my picture of Holly, but I don't see a photo credit.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home